Set Up Adwords Dynamic Remarketing For Shopify
Shopify is a reliable e-commerce platform on the market today. Just like any great products, you only get out of it what you put into it. There are several ways in which you can optimize your Shopify website for higher conversions, but today we’re just going to talk specifically about dynamic remarketing.
I created this short guide for Shopify Store owners who are looking to setup a dynamic remarketing campaign to boost their conversions for their Shopify Store.
Upon doing this successfully, it will show up on the display network using your Google shopping feeds. Cool eh? You’d be able to re-target your visitors using product ads across the display network as well. Google will then match the product they viewed and use the product id to match them on the display network.
To install it, simply add the code below on your Shopify Store:
|Home Page (Index Template)
Just a reminder: You must add these codes in the appropriate templates together with the remarketing code.
For any issues, you may use Google Tag Assistant Extension. You must add this extension first to your google chrome browser before you can use it to troubleshoot your dynamic remarketing codes.
Just in case, after a few days, your audience list is not growing, don’t freak out. It may take a week to grow so wait till then.
OK, I am done setting up everything, what should I do next?
My suggestion is to make sure that you have a coupon or discount code set up so you’d be able to attract your visitors back, or else they won’t come back.
When you’re just starting out, you may go with the google recommended layouts for your dynamic campaign ads. As time goes by, you can then optimize your campaign and make it more efficient via custom designed dynamic remarketing ads.
You may also focus more on bids after a few weeks once you have data coming in.
- Create a remarketing campaign, then choose dynamic remarketing for Google to populate the dynamic remarketing lists on the audiences.
- Next, is to get the remarketing code with the above custom parameters. Simply go to Audiences> Click View Tag Details> Select Setup> Then Click View Adwords Remarketing Tag and instructions.
- Please do not restrict your traffic to a certain geographic when creating your dynamic remarekting campaign as this may hamper the traffic you receive.
- Also, all the errors that you see on the view tag section are not real-time. Don’t fret/freak out – you have to hold your breath for some time.
- The product id on the products should match up with that of the product id of the shopping feed, or your dynamic remarketing campaigns won’t work.
- Your dynamic remarketing works in conjunction with Shopping feeds