Intergrating Amazon FBA with Shopify
How To Activate Fulfillment by Amazon
Note: Shopify’s built-in FBA integration is available only in the U.S, excluding APO and FPO addresses. Fulfillment by Amazon requires third-party app integration to ship orders Worldwide.
- Go to Shopify admin> Settings> Shipping.
- In the Dropshipping and fulfillmentsection, click on Add dropshipping service if you haven’t activated it yet. If you’ve already added this service and want to add another, just click Manage services.
- Then on the Fulfillment and dropshippingpage, look for the Fulfillment by Amazon section and then clickActivate:
- You may now set up a new account with Amazon, or enter your existing credentials into the fields. After you’ve activated, you should be able add Amazon’s shipping ratesto your own shipping settings.
How To Set shipping rates for Fulfillment by Amazon
You have activated Fulfillment by Amazon and you need to create new Amazon shipping rates in your Shopify admin. These shipping options appear to your customers at checkout:
- Standard Shipping
- Expedited Shipping
- Priority Shipping
For each shipping zones, you must add separate shipping rates that match each of the abovementioned Amazon shipping options.
When setting up your shipping rates, you might want to take check out Amazon’s fulfillment rates to help you decide what to charge.
Make sure that you also:
- create a separate rate for each shipping option
- clone the name of the Amazon shipping option (like Standard Shipping, Expedited Shipping, or Priority Shipping) into the Shipping rate namefield
- set the Criteria to Based on order weight, and not by price.
Remember, if you get an error while fulfilling an order through Amazon, then most likely your shipping rate is not setup correctly. If this is your case, just return to your shipping rates, and make sure they match the criteria listed above.
How To Configure Products for FBA
Configuring your products for FBA varies slightly depending on whether you are:
- Configuring new products for Fulfillment by Amazon
- Configuring existing products for Fulfillment by Amazon
Configuring new products for Fulfillment by Amazon
To configure a new product for Fulfillment by Amazon:
- You need to add a new product. Just scroll down to the Shipping section of the Add a product
- Next step is to select Amazon Marketplace Webfrom the Fulfillment service drop-down menu.
- Then in the Inventorysection, select Amazon Marketplace Web tracks this variant’s inventory from the Inventory policy drop-down menu.
Note: You can set your inventory to be tracked by Shopify, but it is recommended you select Amazon to make sure correct inventory levels for your fulfillment and dropshipping service.
- Make sure that you’ve entered exact values in the Weightand SKU These must match the values you used for your Fulfillment by Amazon product list. In Amazon the SKU is called Seller SKUor Merchant SKU (MSKU).
- When you’re done, click Save product.
Configuring existing products for Fulfillment by Amazon
To configure your products for Fulfillment by Amazon:
- From your Shopify admin, click Products(or press G P P):
- Click the name of the product you want to enable fulfillment for.
- In the Shippingsection, select Amazon Marketplace Web from the Fulfillment service drop-down menu.
- In the Inventorysection, select Amazon Marketplace Web tracks this variant’s inventory from theInventory policy drop-down menu.
- Make sure that you’ve entered correct values in the Weightand SKU These must match the values you used for your Fulfillment by Amazon product list. In Amazon the SKU is called Seller SKUor Merchant SKU (MSKU).
- When you’re done, click Save.