How To Create Discount Codes For Your Shopify Online Store
If you have an online Shopify store, you can offer your customers discount codes – it can be monetary, a percentage discount, or shipping discounts on a product, a collection, or a variant.
How to Create a discount
- Login to your account, go to Shopify admin, then click Discounts(or press G D):
- From here (Discounts), click Add discount code:
- In the Discount codetext box, you can enter a name for the new discount code (for example, 15offshoes):
You may also click Generate code for a randomly-generated code.
- Now In the Conditions section, there’s a drop-down menu were you can choose either the monetary or percentage discount:
- Enter (a monetary or a percentage) value for the discount in the take text box.
- In the off for drop-down menu, choose where your chosen discount will apply:
|all orders||The discount applies to all orders.|
|orders over||The discount applies to orders over a set nominal value.|
|collection||The discount applies to a chosen collection.|
|product||The discount applies to a chosen product.|
|product variant||The discount applies to a chosen product variant.|
|customer in group||The discount applies to a chosen group of customers from your customer lists.|
- Now enter an appropriate value in the text box, or you can select an appropriate option from the drop-down menu to define your discount.
- Under Usage limits, simply select Unlimited, or you can enter the number of times this discount can be used by your customers.
- In the Limit per customer section, check the 1 use only box to limit the discount to one per customer:
- Use the date picker in the Date range section to date on which the discount will be valid. You may also check the No expiry box instead of an expiry date:
- Finally, click Save.
You have created a new discount and it will now appear in list format in the Discounts tab in your Shopify admin. You may send the code to your customers via email, or display it on your storefront. They will enter the code during checkout process to receive the discount.
If your discount is setup to discount an entire order, it will be applied in sequence to all items in the cart. For example, if you have a $100 discount, the first item will be discounted by $100. If the first item is less than $100 in value, the discount will apply to the next applicable item in the cart.